Thursday, December 31, 2009

Trip Essentials

Apart from having great friends to travel with, one of the must have items has got to be a camera.

Now I'm no professional photog. Hand me a camera and 8/10 of the pictures I take will have what my photog friend calls as the "Blurred Motion" effect. In order words, I'm really good at taking shaky pictures! Lol!

Seeing what an idiot amateur I am with taking photos, I need a camera that is easy-to-use. Definitely none of those SLR cameras for me. A digital SLR camera to me is like me (who don't cook btw) trying to whip out a gourmet meal for a group of food critics.

Although most rational people in my place would opt for a simple digital camera (those square-ish kind), that simply won't do for me. A simple digital camera won't be able to justify the beautiful landscape in Europe. (And don't think I don't hear you asking "Are you sure it's NOT because of your lack of photo-taking skills that could be the problem here?")

A simple digital camera should only be used when out camwhoring with your girfriends on a drunken night.


I have found the perfect camera for an amateur photog like myself. With wide-angle super zoom lens, it can take beautiful landscape pics as well as macro shots, it's portable and has user-friendly format. AND the best part is, it can also take High Definition videos. Woootss!

Say hello to the Canon PowerShot SX20 IS! :)





If you're not looking at spending extra $$$ for a good camera, I may have a solution for those of you who are using the iPhone. Afterall, like what world-renowned photog, Chase Jarvis, said, "the best camera is the one that's with you". I will touch base on using the iPhone's built-in camera in  my future post.

Till then, ciao!

0 comments: