Friday, February 19, 2010

Wien

Here I am in Vienna, sipping piña colada at the behest of my traveling mates. To their credit, it is not half bad, tastes like coconut candy swirled in ice. Vienna is quite relaxing so far. We are taking it slow today, eating sacher torte and baby cow schnitzel and visiting what used to be the home of pompous yet adorable genius Mozart and imagining what life was like for him at the time.

We encountered an old man outside Mozarthaus who delighted us with tales of the 'bloody street' Blutgasse. He is an interesting person despite my initial wariness and left us this precious anecdote: There are many people in this world but only a few that are truly human. You know what I mean.

I hope we run into him again. It's not likely we will. But it's people like these that makes our trip and by extension, our lives richer.

0 comments: